Despite the long list of ingredients, this soup is incredibly quick and easy to make, and so good for you! Think of it as an alkalizing vitamin pill! Using really fresh produce in here makes a huge difference and being raw, you will retain all the vital nutrients in all the fresh vegetables and herbs used. This is a wonderful soup to enjoy on a hot summers day, or a great way to have a healthy light lunch.
- 1 cup roughly chopped kale
- 1 cup mixed green leafy herbs (basil/coriander/mint)
- 2 celery stalks roughly chopped
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 1 zucchini roughly chopped
- ½ cucumber roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ inch piece of fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
- 2 cups cold filtered water
- 1 teaspoon of cashew cheese to top each bowl.
- Simply place all ingredients in your blender and blend until super smooth. If you want the soup a little thinner (it’s quite thick) simply add some more water until you reach your desired consistency.
Garnish with cashew cheese, sprouts, chilli and herbs.
- Makes 2 large or 4 smaller serves.
About the Author
Kelly is a passionate writer and raw/vegan chef who combines her love of writing with her forays into health and wellness. Kelly has traveled and worked extensively across the world in health resorts, detox centers, raw food restaurants and wellness retreats, sharing ways to live simply, mindfully and sustainably.
Her work is regularly published in print media and online, as well as her own website, ‘Raw By Nature’ which offers vibrant nourishing recipes and information about plant-based living. A gypsy heart and lover of nature, Kelly finds inspiration in the world around her and translates her visions into whimsical stories and edible creations.